Financial Applications Development and Support
The Financial Applications (Hyperion) Development and Support Service provides cost-effective, shared District resources for development, implementation and processing of applications that provide management with quality and timely financial analysis to support financial decision-making processes. This service currently includes: Essbase Analytic applications (Finance and FCACall Cubes); Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) (Loans2); and the Financial Planning and Budgeting applications (5 to 10-Year Forecasting, Rolling Forecast and Scenario Analysis).
This service covers database management and updates, ongoing application enhancements, Oracle annual software maintenance fees, administrator help desk support and implementation of Oracle-Hyperion software upgrades. It also covers user support during the planning process, assistance in report development and analysis and centralized distribution of planning information.:
Significant changes to existing applications or business planning processes or development of new applications that leverage the functionality of Hyperion, Essbase Analytics and OBI will be evaluated separately. Training – customized or generic – at association locations can be provided at an additional cost.
Service Value and Key Benefits
- Centralized function that provides a core of specialized technical expertise and support
- Access to association data through interfaces with reporting databases
- Financial statement and key ratio calculations consistent with financial reporting requirements
- Management enabled to focus on financial results, business plans and decision-making process
- Functionality that supports ad-hoc reporting at the Association location
- Coordination between budgeting, financial reporting and wholesale lending financial analysis
- Daily updates of account balances and transactions
- Database, software and hardware management
- Associations are not required to develop, maintain and support internal applications/processes